The 2012 reversion of Power Rangers LG: The Rise of Trakeena is a revision of the actual Power Rangers: Lost Galaxy fanfilm of the same name, which was originally released on June 10, 2011. It will be released on YouTube sometime in Spring 2012. Anthony Marsh, Jr is directing the reversion and repraising his AJ Weems character until the project coincides with the production process of Power Rangers LG: Galactic Underground , a reboot of Power Rangers: Lost Galaxy and Marsh's Galactic Military Police Defenders comic and fanfiction continuity.
It is possible that the revision is much likely a director's cut.
The reversion is an alternate retelling of the film, but most key scenes and events have been remixed.
Cast of CharactersEdit
- Rider Strong- Billy James (Blue Ranger)
- Charlie Murphy- Browne Jones (Green Ranger)
- Tobey Maguire- Tony Marshall (Red Ranger)
- Kristen Bell- Wendy Jane O'Hara (Pink Ranger)- flashback scenes of previous film cut and final scene only.
- Anthony Marsh, Jr- AJ Weems (Yellow Ranger)
- Also the voices of Crumummy, Rocketron, Vexicon, Ironite, Kubak, Mighty Minotaur, and other additional monsters, just like in the original cut.
- Donnie Wahlberg - Jesse James/Magna Defender (#3)
- Ray Park- Jimmy the Panda (suit only)
- Vernon Wells - Rex Turner-Patterson Marshall
- Patricia Heaton-Trakeena (#2)/Wendy DeVille (#2),
- Meghan Ory - Trakeena (at age 19) (flashback scenes only)
- Brandon Soo Hoo - Villamax XXII at age 13 (flashback scenes only)
- Jaden Smith - AJ Weems at age 12 (flashback scenes only)
- Ryan Reynolds- Christopher Donner, Jr/Shadow Ranger
- Frank Welker- voice of Deviot/Alphatron/Soundwave/Devistator (vocals and voice)/Artillicon/Villamax (original, flashback scenes only)/
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt - Villamax XXII/Thedore "Ted" Johnson
- Jason Anthony Griffith - voice of Kegler
- Wes Bentley- Waspsfly
- Dave Chappelle- voice of Nightmare
- Seth Green- Devin Stewart
- Robert Downey, Jr.- Commander Chalmers
- Kevin Sorbo- The Guardian
- Jess Harnell- voice of Barbarax
- Wendee Lee- voice of Alpha 6
Introducing, for a limited time only, Rachel Dillinger as Gwen McQueen.
- There are a lot of scenes being revisioned as they are similar from the original cut of the film.
- Unlike the original cut, special effects wise, Marsh used the chromia key option on Sony Vegas Pro 10 on his home computer. There are more chromia keying here for the reversion than what Marsh had done when he used to go to Gaithersburg High School at its Media Center's AV studio to use Pinnacle Studio and do it.